Is it a formula? Luck? Rohit Bhargava’s “Influential Marketing Blog” describes the winner of the International Cannes Film Festival‘s award for a great marketing campaign: a marketing campaign called “The Best Job in the World” for a little-known island off the Great Barrier Reef. It’s a good story, and worth reading.
He whittles the successful components to a great marketing campaign down to the following key items:
- Make it believable
- It’s not about how much you spend
- Focus on content, not traffic
- Create an inherent reason for people to share
- Don’t underestimate the power of content creators
- Give your promotion a shelf life
Read his blog post. It’s worthwhile, and the list is one that I’ll think about when I put together my next campaign.